Tuesday, February 28

Quilt Story Block of the Month

I have once again signed up for another quilt-a-long series. 
I think I have become addicted to these type of projects. 

Starting in March 2012-March 2013, the hosts, at quiltstory.blogspot.com will have a new block to share on the first Monday of every month, and in the end a new quilt! Each month will have a "theme" we will follow, and we want you to join! Below is a type of block which will be included in our overall block. (ex. HST could be a block with any type of design including HST's)
Fabric Requirements for twelve 12" pieced blocks:


1/3 yard cuts of 2 different prints

1/2 yard cuts of 4 different prints

3/4 yards of a solid
 
Here are the fabrics I have chosen for this project.  I bought them at a quilt show not knowing what to do with them.  I still need a solid to go along with it  These are not normal fabric choices for me which should make this a bit more challenging.  The colors in person are much prettier. 
This has always seemed to be my favorite block, so it only seems right that
I start this series with the Ohio Star.


There is still plenty of time to join in on the fun!  Click HERE to get more details and sign up information.  You can follow the progress and view pictures of the blocks created by those playing along.

No comments: